Welcome!

I like a lot of random things and I will post on these or others will post on them. I have one on free ad sites for posting your products or anything you want really. A short one I did on a headphone site I like that I started and never finished. I seem to do that from time to time. I also had a guest post about vitamins that can be seen here. My latest is about auctioning and tips for auctions. I like random stuff and will also take some guest posts if you want, contact me. Hopefully you will find some good stuff from all my randomness.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Auctioning

I wanted to write about auctioning and some tips to auctioning.   You can use this on a site like eBay or even live auctions.  Hopefully I can give you a few pointers on things.

Tips on Buying for Auctions.


  1. Check some random auctions out first to get an idea of what's happening, that way you can feel comfortable when you actually bid on something.  This apply's to eBay and other auctions like that.  
  2. Have a plan - If you go with a plan of how much you want to spend it's way better, trust me.  You don't want to get caught up in the excitement only to realize you spent way too much. 
  3. Make sure you know if they're selling things as is or the conditions of the sale and things like that, you want to know all the little details also. 
  4. They usually have a pamflet that you can read through first for live auctions or check out the faq of an ebay auctions, they're boring but pricless and will help you in the long-run.
  5. Do your homework, if you have an idea of what you want to buy research it's prices and make sure you don't over pay for things, that's the last thing you want to find out is how little your item is really worth.
Ok on to some selling tips for auctioning.  

  1. Make sure you have a great picture, we all know the saying about picture and a 1k words.  It's true you can have a great product with a bad picture and it won't get much interest. 
  2. Pick a niche, you don't need to in order to be successful but you will have an edge if you do.   If you have repeat buyers because you were just sticking to furniture than you can become the go to person for furniture online or offiline.
  3. Auctioning off items with the greatest diversity of payment methods will help,   Because some will want to use paypal, some checks (just make sure you get paid first) and some Plimus or other third party payment systems.
  4. Don't lie! It may sound great to over play your item but if you do you will not only get bad reviews but word could spread.  Especially if your in a niche, to stay away from that person cuz he lies about his crappy products.  Be upfront and people will appreciate it. 
Those are some quick tips about auctioning, hope you enjoyed.  You can find more info or a list of auctions sites at Auction Sites Other Than Ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment